“Youth does not require reasons for living, it only needs pretexts.”

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Meet UK author: JOS CARLYLE

Jos will give a fighting staff demonstration and talk about the Hayley Hicks Series at the Ashfield Library on Monday 13 July at 10am, there are still places available RSVP By 6 July on 9716 1810
On Jos' website you can read the opening chapters of book one on this website. I’d love to know what you think, so please write in and tell me. You can find out more about the characters by taking a look at their character cards.
Extract from Jos' website:
So this is me: Jos Carlyle, creator of Hayley Hicks. Admittedly it’s a nice photo, which is one of the perks of a website being your own. But I suspect I don’t always look so wholesome as I was once told (by a gentleman far too honest for his own good, in my opinion) that I look like a miserable ogre when I’m concentrating and that my hair is continuously disorganized. I think he could have been a little less blunt.
Unfortunately I tend to concentrate rather a lot. Not because I want to (I’m much better at daydreaming), but because Hayley and her cohort demand it of me. Ah yes, they’re a fascinating and complex, yet effortlessly compelling bunch! But who exactly are they? And what am I actually talking about?

Hayley Hicks is the main character in the series of fantasy books that I’m currently writing for older children and adults. By series I mean six books: THE LIGHTYEARS (books one to three) and THE DARKYEARS (books four to six). So far Book One is finished, Book Two is started, and Books Three, Four, Five and Six are all planned out

No comments: